Sun, Aug 27|
Jim Green House Studio @ The Cultch
Directing Actors for the Screen
A two-day workshop about directing actors for film and television. Designed for emerging film and television directors and those wanting to fine-tune their skills. Taught by director and acting coach Cristiana Ripeanu.
Time & Location
Aug 27, 2023, 12:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. PDT
Jim Green House Studio @ The Cultch, 1885 Venables St, Vancouver, BC V5L 2H6, Canada
About The Event
This comprehensive two-day course is tailored for emerging film and television directors looking to enhance their skills when working with actors. Participants will learn techniques and tools to effectively communicate their vision and bring emotional depth and dramatic weight to on-screen performances. The course is ideal for those looking to deepen their work and develop their ability to direct with clarity and confidence.
Day 1: Building the Foundation
- Scene and character analysis: Deconstruct scenes and understand the intricacies of character development to craft powerful performances.
- The actor's vocabulary: Learn key acting terms and concepts to establish clear and effective communication with actors.
- Best practices for auditions: Discover strategies for conducting auditions and casting successfully.
-Redirecting: Learn how to provide constructive feedback and guide actors.
Day 2: Practical Application
- In-studio scene direction: Directors will have the opportunity to work with professional actors in-studio, putting theory into practice. Scenes will be provided ahead of time.
- Coaching and feedback: Receive personalized coaching and feedback from Cristiana Ripeanu to refine your directing techniques and approaches.
To ensure all participants receive individualized coaching and ample practice time in-studio, the course accommodates an extremely limited number of spots. Note: Participants are advised to have some prior technical training or experience in film or television to make the most of this course.
About your instructor
Cristiana Ripeanu has been teaching and directing theatre and television for over 20 years across Europe and in Canada. She has experience directing scripted and unscripted television, directing filmed productions of plays for live broadcasting, as well as serving as a casting director, script editor, and acting coach for both film and television. She holds a double MFA in Directing and Theatre, and prides herself on her innovative and inclusive approach to teaching.
- Ticket type
Participation in working running August 20th and August 27th from 12:30pm-6:30pm.Price$200.00
+$5.00 service fee+$5.00 service fee